Welcome to our 2023 SAWT season! We are so excited to get out on the water. Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey. The participation was great, and the changes being made reflect the majority.
1. AFTER MANY MEETINGS AND DISCUSSIONS, WE HAVE DECIDED TO STAY WITH THE PICTURE FORMAT FOR OUR 2023 SEASON! We will continue to explore the MyCatch option for the future but will continue with the picture format for 2023.
2. Due to increasing fees with banking, insurance, etc., the SAWT membership fee is increasing to $25.00 per angler.
3. Team points rules have been updated. Page 5 #11. Please refer to rules for official changes.
4. Also new for 2023, as per your responses on the survey, we will host a final shootout tournament for the boat. Top 20 teams from the 3 tournaments per the point system, will be invited to the shootout tournament. Team of the year will still be awarded to the top team of the year; however, the boat will be the grand prize for the shootout tournament. More to come on the shootout tournament.
5. All tournaments will be capped at 80 teams with 2 people per team in each boat. When registration is open, get yours in as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
6. Boat registration numbers will be mandatory on your SAWT registration this year for our insurance purposes.
7. We will be looking for extra volunteers this year. Volunteering is an imperative part of our organization. The executive wants to thank all our volunteers by offering you the greatest thank you ever. For every tournament day you volunteer, you will get one entry into our year end volunteer grand prize.