Welcome to our 2023 SAWT season! We are so excited to get out on the water. Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey. The participation was great, and the changes being made reflect the majority.
1. AFTER MANY MEETINGS AND DISCUSSIONS, WE HAVE DECIDED TO STAY WITH THE PICTURE FORMAT FOR OUR 2023 SEASON! We will continue to explore the MyCatch option for the future but will continue with the picture format for 2023.
2. Due to increasing fees with banking, insurance, etc., the SAWT membership fee is increasing to $25.00 per angler.
3. Point system changes for 2023 will be that points will only be awarded to the captain and not each individual angler. In order to win team of the year, you will have to fish all 3 tournaments, and points will remain with the captain of their boat, The captain has the choice of who their partner will be.
4. Also new for 2023, as per your responses on the survey, we will host a final shootout tournament for the boat. Top 20 teams from the 3 tournaments per the point system, will be invited to the shootout tournament. Team of the year will still be awarded to the top team of the year; however, the boat will be the grand prize for the shootout tournament. More to come on the shootout tournament.
5. All tournaments will be capped at 80 teams with 2 people per team in each boat. When registration is open, get yours in as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
6. Boat registration numbers will be mandatory on your SAWT registration this year for our insurance purposes.
7. We will be looking for extra volunteers this year. Volunteering is an imperative part of our organization. The executive wants to thank all our volunteers by offering you the greatest thank you ever. For every tournament day you volunteer, you will get one entry into our year end volunteer grand prize.
Stay tuned for the official rules and the entry form to be added to the SAWT website.
2023 LUND SPONSORED SHOOT OUT TOURNAMENT www.lundboats.com
New for the 2023, we are moving to Top 20 Teams Shoot Out Tournament sponsored by Lund Boats. Thank you to Lund Boats for their continued support of the SAWT and this exciting new tournament! Check out all Lund boats at www.lundboats.com